Where do I find help?
- If you are in immediate danger, call 911 now.
- If you are not in immediate danger, contact Awaaz at 210-446-6464 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recognize the Warning signs of a Victim:
- Visible unexplainable marks and bruises
- Withdrawn/Absent from friends and regular activities
- Extreme concern of partners anger, disapproval or happiness
- Unable to make decisions without partner
- Dramatic change in mood or personality/emotional outburst
- Constantly defending the abuser
- Limited or no access to resources(phone,car,money)
- Repeatedly checking in with partner on whereabouts
Listen and Help
- Listen,Listen,Listen without judging
- Validate survivors feeling
- Focus on the survivor and not on the perpetrator
- Present them with options
- Please be patient, and remember it has to be their decision.